I agree Patrick, considering there is no proper Active X support on
FF1.0PR which means XStandards wouldn't run unless it on the older
version. Although they(XStandards) are working on a new verion due in
a couple of weeks time which wouldn't need any active X at all.

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:10:17 +0100, Patrick Lauke
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A bit off topic perhaps, but:
>
> I'd suggest always starting with a fresh profile when installing
> a new version of FF. Export your bookmarks, make a note of any
> passwords etc you may have, write down which extensions you
> absolutely need...then download the new version, start it from
> the command line with firefox.exe -p to force the profile manager,
> and set up a new virgin profile.
>
> What I did when FF1.0PR came out was to keep 0.9 still installed,
> to use it in the interim period while extensions were being repackaged
> and updated to work with 1.0PR. I simply had two shortcuts on my
> desktop, and changed the actual target of the shortcut to load the
> relevant executable plus selecting the right profile, e.g.
>
> "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 1.0PR\firefox.exe" -profile "C:\Browser
> Profiles\Firefox 1.0PR"
>
> and
>
> "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 0.9\firefox.exe" -profile "C:\Browser
> Profiles\Firefox 0.9"
>
> Now that 1.0PR has all the extensions I need, and seems to run fairly stable,
> I deleted FF 0.9 and the related profile.
>
> Saves a lot of hassle in the long run...IMHO anyway.
>
> Patrick

Regards,
Amit Karmakar
http://www.karmakars.com