I was at a Seminar conducted late last year when Bob Regan was down.
http://www.markme.com/accessibility/ That page is the same today as it
was then.  I did hear the same rant too but sorry to say (while I have
nothing against Macromdeia) there focus is not so much accessibility
or comparitively less to - lets say, promote Breeze, Contribute, Flex
yada yada.. I am not saying they are bad but I have heard too many
promises being made. Although, its good to see that Flash has advanced
in that content.

And again this is not to berate Macromedia. I am sure they are doing a
lot of work in related fields. But my take is if they were really that
much more into accessibility and really concerned they may have been a
smidgen more thoughtful about the top level pages at least.

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 14:43:03 +1000, Michael Kear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's not entirely Off topic.  At the MXDU conference last year, Sean
> Cornfield who is the Macromedia webmaster, said that they're gradually
> working towards standards compliance and accessibility.  He said they are
> taking it seriously and whenever they work on a part of the site, they bring
> it up to more modern standards.  But there are more than 40,000 pages on the
> site, so it's no trivial task.  A lot of the pages are rarely visited
> archived pages, so it's a big question whether it's worth the effort to
> update some of them.
>
> Macromedia are concerned with accessibility issues, and have listened to
> people who tell them, for example, that flash isn't accessible.   In the new
> FlashMX2004Pro v7.2 just released (that's the development tool), there are
> improvements specifically to make flash elements accessible.
>
> Cheers
> Mike Kear
> Windsor, NSW, Australia
> AFP Webworks