I was wondering if people had any opinions on when its acceptable if at all for a
layout to break when users increase font size.

Sites I am working on look fine if text is increased or decreased 1 or 2 times but
when they are increased repeatedly the layout goes a bit whacky in some browsers
(Netscape 6.2 on PC, IE5 Mac). Specifically, elements which are absolutely positioned
get overlapped by wrapped list navigation.

It seems to me that this only happens when text gets extremely large on small
resolution screens and therefore I shouldn't worry too much, but is extreme all in the
eye of the beholder?

Grant Focas

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004