From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jeroen Visser [ vizi ]
Sent: 11 November 2004 23:17
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] CSS float/clear rendering in Firefox 1.0

Iain Gardiner wrote:

> Another thing I noticed is that you define this class as img.curve,
> tying it in to images exclusively, but in your markup you use it on a
> div which is not technically good practice.

Hi Iain,

Could you explain this?

I don't (or thus far didn't) think it's 'technically not good practice'
to having a class assigned to an element, while not having a matching
CSS rule. I've used this technique to get Javascripts to identify
certain hyperlinks, for instance, without the need to apply any special
styling to these hyperlinks.

In this case it might be a forgotten class set on a div that should've
been removed, but it would do no harm whatsoever, as there simply isn't
any CSS rule that applies.

With curious regards,

Jeroen

--