Hi Guys,

This is my first post here, i am gradually getting into web standards and CSS based design. But i am having problems with a simple layout at the moment.

If you take a look at this page:
http://www.burninthespotlight.com/topics/page1810666.html
(this page has no design yet, i want it to function first)

Basically you can see my problems, i have a main container (invisible) then i have a class (.ctpost) on each DIVwith the white coloured background. And inside that white coloured DIV i have 4 more DIVs, one on the left positioned relative with 0px top and 0px left positioning, and then 3 on the right also positioned relative (0px right 0px top), but with a margin of 175px left, so that it dont overlap the left div (which is 175px) Im struggling a bit to create such a simple layout. and i dont understand why my DIVs are overflowing their containter (white coloured bacgroud DIV)

My Style sheet

http://www.burninthespotlight.com/styles/layout3.css
The styles used for this layout are all at the bottom of the CSS:

*.memberdetails *(is for the left div with the details in)
*.postdetails *(is the DIV with the post content)
*.buttons *(is the DIV that holds the yahoo msn buttons etc...)
*.postedon* (the date of the post holder)

I used classes cause this is an auto generated page from my forum, and i cant tell each post to have a different ID ,otherwise i would have tonnes of IDs in my CSS. So i used a class.

I think thats all, if someone could give me a hand, in fixing the overflow bug, that would be great. Or point me in the direction of a layout similar to what i am trying to create, that i could look at.

Many Thanks!

Josef Dunne
Web Developer

*w: *http://www.burninthespotlight.com

Get Firefox!
<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=10255&t=82>
THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL OR LEGALLY PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.
IF YOU ARE NOT THE NAMED ADDRESSEE YOU MUST NOT USE OR DISCLOSE SUCH
INFORMATION.