Manuel GonzÃlez Noriega wrote:
[UTF-8] it will be stored correctly and rendered as expected, as long

as you remember to put  a <meta http-equiv="content-type"
content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> in your page's head.

Actually, what you should be doing is getting the server to send the
right content-type header. Meta elements are not authoritative and in
fact lead many people to confusion when they are superceded by the
server headers.

You're right, of course. I still use to put the declaration in the meta just in case somebody wants to save the page to the disk (and because I still remember the good old days when I had no access to the server config).
--
Dejan Kozina Web Design Studio
Dolina 346 (TS)

begin:vcard
fn:Dejan Kozina
n:Kozina;Dejan
org:Dejan Kozina Web Design Studio
adr:;;Dolina 346;Dolina;TS;I-34018;Italy
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:+39 348 7355 225
tel;fax:+39 040 228 436
tel;home:+39 040 228 436