G'day

> I am following, to some degree, Russ' tutorial:
> http://css.maxdesign.com.au/floatutorial/tutorial0208.htm
> So it is possible to style an image to have padding and a border.

I don't see image padding mentioned, at least not on that page.

> Just not sure why my version isn't working in IE Win.

Could be that IE doesn't support it padding on images.   See below.  These
issues may have been fixed in later versions of MSIE and Opera but why not
try padding the container instead?  Should work in "almost anything"

*According to
http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/properties/padding/padding.htm :

MSIE4+:         Padding properties do not apply to images

NS4:            Applying padding values to a replaced object
                 (my test was an IMG element) really messes with
                document content flow

Opera 3.5:      Padding is not applied to replaced items (IMG,
                form field widgets, etc.)

Regards
--
Bert Doorn, Web Developer