From: Mani Sheriar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Dec 16, 2004 6:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [WSG] The Holy Grail ... CSS Liquid Three-Column Layout

Clean Clean DocumentEmail MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post to this group after reading it for a while.  I must say, I’m kinda scared to post to you guys!  However, I really need your help.

I think I may have found the Holy Grail … that 3-column css liquid layout that allows for different colors and/or backgrounds for the body, the header, the footer, and the three columns NO MATTER WHICH COLUMN IS LONGEST.

What I need help with is this: I have checked this out on Mozilla, FireFox, Netscape, and IE all on the pc.  Can anyone who is interested please check it out on some other browsers/platforms?

Also, I read the usual css blogs as much as I have time for, but I’m not sure if someone else (or even several people) have already beaten me to the punch here.  If not, I would take the time to write something up about it.

Here’s the link: http://www.ManiSheriar.com/holygrail

By the way, I know that the code for the content comes after the code for the sidebars, but for accessibility concerns I could just put a “skip to content” link at the top, no?

Anyway – thanks for any feedback, and please be gentle with me.  ;~)

Mani (like Bonnie)

Mani Sheriar

Sheriar Designs | www.ManiSheriar.com

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm for some hints on posting to the list & getting help ******************************************************