On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:36:42 +1300, Terrence Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Following the recent discussion(s) here about breadcrumbs I thought I'd share this link to an interesting breadcrumb implementation (and handy snippet of php):

http://www.de-generationx.net/blog/archives/2004/09/20/629/

What is interesting to me about this implementation is how through the choice of wording the use of the breadcrumbs is explicitly navigation ("return to"), whereas they usually appear to be informative ("you are here").

Terrence Wood.

Terrence,

Granted I'm a novice, nevertheless I'm confused.
Why would I click "return to" when I've never been there in the first place? And why when I get to where I "return to", do I need to click the back-button in order to back where I started from?

David

--
http://www.dlaakso.com/