[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have a class .pmi in my page and I want style the first line of
differently so that the first line is smaller than the second line. The
code below doesn't seem to work and I was wondering if it was because of
the <br/> tag in my html.

.pmi p:first-line

To make it work, it should be

p.pmi:first-line

or

.pmi:first-line

What you have means: the first line of the paragraph which is a descendant of
an element with class pmi...which is wrong, as it's the paragraph itself that has
been assigned the class.

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com