Bob,

I just opened both pages in Safari, and they seem to be/look the same to me, so the first question is "which browser(s) are you testing in?"

Justin

On 02/01/2005, at 1:15 AM, designer wrote:

Hello all,

and a good new year to you all!

I am 'playing' with some layers which sit on top of each other to create a
specific effect. I have converted the layers to CSS in the header (instead
of inline styling) and it works fine as HTML4.01 trans. it can be seen at
[1]. However, as soon as I make it strict, the positioning changes, as
shown in [2]. Both files validate OK, and so does the CSS, so why are they
not behaving properly? - It's probably staring at me, but I just can't see
it! Would any of you alert new year revellers take a look for me please?

[1] http://www.treyarnon.fsworld.co.uk

[2] http://www.treyarnon.fsworld.co.uk/index_strict.html

Many thanks for your time and expertise,

Bob McClelland,
Cornwall (U.K.)
www.gwelanmor-internet.co.uk

---
Justin French, Indent.com.au
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Application Development & Graphic Design