The Bo$$ wrote:
If you can, you should try switching to a bigger resolution. It's much
better, and you'll wonder how you ever survived using 800x600.

My guess is that he tested it at 800x600 res, which makes perfect sense.

And 800x600 resolution can be useful for detail work in Photoshop or Illustrator when you're using a small resolution

...Or when you're completely (shall we say "intoxicated"? ;) ) and you don't want to squint to see text (you could always increase font size, but not all windows applications respect the custom DPI setting. (Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > General > Custom DPI)

--
-David R