> Hi,
>
> What do you people reckon should be the semantic markup for a song chart ala
> Billboard Top 40? Sample here: http://www.i-bands.net/charts.php (no, I
> don't own this site so I can't add a doctype etc etc)
>
> It's a list of songs, so <ol> is the gut reaction. But what about the
> information within each song listing? <table> within a <li>?
>
> Keen to find out what you guys think...
>
> Thanks
> Wong

Call me old fashioned, but a simple table seems like the way to go here
because that's what a table  does: present data.
You can make complex relations between data much clearer and accessible by
using a properly marked-up table.
456 Berea Street had a good post on it recently:
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200410/bring_on_the_tables/
Although I must admit Mr. Brown's markup
http://www.tbrown.org/ideas/tabularlist/
adventure was pretty interesting to check out!
Cheers all,

Erwin Heiser