> How does microsoft benefit by offering IE at all?  It's free.  Updates
> are free.  It costs them bandwidth for downloads and updates.  It costs
> them staff time to code, fix, patch, etc.  and they don't get a dime off it.

Rhetorical I guess but it's a good point. MS benefits from ubiquity.
MS Office has become almost universal because "everyone" has it, so
"everyone" just keeps buying it. They don't want people to break that
lack of thought by using some other company's product to browse the
web.

--
--- <http://cheshrkat.blogspot.com/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not