Claudiu RADUT wrote:

To me Photoshop shows the bottom color of the gradient being #0053A5
 while you have in your css file background-color:#0054A6.
i've just double-checked in my .css and .psd file and the colour value
is #0054A6 for both.

as David R suggested, changing the format from .png to .jpg for the
background gradient solves the problem.

David R wrote:

This is because Internet Explorer's PNG handling is broken, I think
it only affects systems with an ICC profile on a monitor.

convert the gradient to a JPEG and it should render fine, as well as
in much older browsers.
thanks a bunch!

--
Thorsten