Jixor - Stephen I wrote:

> Mani Sheriar wrote:

> >Thanks, Charles!  Just to put in my two cents about the “wasted space”
> >issue

> >In general, I actually prefer fixed layouts to fluid.  I have a wide
> >monitor and when divs take up all the available space on it they are
> >often unwieldy to read, not to mention less attractive.

> I have 21" 1600x1200 - full width certainly can be too wide to read,
> especially if the text is small. However fluid 75% I think is good.

Fixed width sites are an ugly PITA. "Enter Keywords", "WHO'S ONLINE" &
"LOGIN FORM" look really stupid split to two lines:
http://calicovial.no-ip.com/mrmazda/lrhp2.png
--
"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/