I would agree only because we have enough v4 browsers around campus that are
vocal that force some level of usability to be given to them. They don't
mind getting text only pages, just unusable pages get them to fire up pine.
I don't think <br /> are evil if used wisely... Easy enough to strip in the
future.

Jesse