Actually that's nothing new. Many of the better editors will do that. The reasons I switched were 1) I was using PHP and so many of the nice things like the built in HTML/CSS Validator. 2) Besides syntax highlighting, it doesn't really support PHP (as in being able to parse it on the fly) 3) Doesn't work in linux 4) Eclipse can do everything TSW Webcoder can do, everything I just mentioned (besides 1, but if I was smart enough I could just right and extention for that), and a whole lot more.

Alan Trick

Chris Stratford wrote:

Glad to help!

It honestly is the best ever coder I have used.
It is true that for Server Side Scripting - it isn't as helpful as it is for HTML.
But is is really advanced in that, when you have a document - for example a PHP document, like below:

<?
 php php php
 php php php
 php php php
 php php php
?>
<head>
css css css
css css css
css css css
css css css
<script lang="text/javascript">
 script script
 script script
 script script
 script script
</script>
html html html
html html html
html html html
html html html

The program will use PHP Syntax Highligting for the PHP side of the page...
HTML for the HTML.
CSS for the Styles...
and Javascript for the Javascript :)

Its really good!!!
Love it!

Bruce wrote:

Chris Stratford wrote:

Wow,wow,wow slow down Alan,
... <snip>
I LOVE TSW WebCoder.
Built in FTP is Excellent!
Built in Project Manager - with Status reports, To Do Lists, Full Project Upload
Built in Server Mapping.
Preview in IE and Mozilla - only for HTML coding, or if your server mapping...
HTML Tidy is built in...
Built in HTML/CSS Validator - on the fly validators...
Own Scripting Engine, to build your own UI or just functions...

Reading the above I decided it wouldn't kill me to try this out. Normally I use an editor just to have clear code highlighted, but this one is terrific. I especially like the download/edit/upload. A great timesaver for sure, and I haven't checked out all of it yet.

Thank you Chris, you have made my work easier. That's what the group excels at, helping each other :-)

Bruce Prochnau
www.bkdesign.ca