Welcome to the group and the world of web standards. Hope you will enjoy.

I guess the best place to first direct you to in regards to popup menus
would be this page: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns/

Here we are dealing with a dropdown menu that is build in web standards, and
therefore rather accessible. Although anything on a website that changes
dynamically is always relying on users to have a browser that supports it -
so in this example we require browsers that support the hover effect or
javascript.

In that respect: if you do want a dropdown menu, always make sure that your
website can still be navigated if the dropdown menu did not show up.

I don't know much about the code created by Fireworks, but I am sure
somebody else can comment on that for you.

Cheers,

Andreas.

Andreas Boehmer
User Experience Consultant

Phone: (03) 9417 0468
Mobile: (0411) 097 038
http://www.addictiveMedia.com.au
Consulting | Accessibility | Usability | Development