On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:08:47 +0000, john <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Personally I think that HTML lang (or xml:lang) attributes
are more appropriate (and precise).

Could you please elaborate more on this? I'm just wondering what I should do for this site, since there are multiple languages. Should I do anything at all?

Random google result on this subject: http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/web/tips/langtag.html

Define language of the page in HTML tag:

and if there are exceptions (elements on a page in a diffrent language),
mark them up:

<ul lang="pl">
<li>raz</li>
<li>dwa</li>
<li>trzy</li>
</ul>

Screen readers as well as search engines use this information.

In HTML use lang,
in XHTML/1.0 use lang and xml:lang,
in XHTML/1.1 only xml:lang is allowed.

--