Hi all,

General question for all you seasoned CSS gurus.

I was admiring stopdesign.com. I think it's a beautiful layout. But I am having a problem wrapping my head around the concept behind building a page like that so that when text is scaled, the containers don't get all messed up. On stopdesign.com, the containers get deeper as needed but the layout (i.e, the positions of one container next to another) stays solid.

How is this done, basically speaking. Percentage widths on containers which are inside a container with a fixed width? I was poking around the source for stopdesign.com ( which is meticulous, by the way ) but like I said, I am having trouble understanding the basic concept of what's being done.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Tom Livingston
Senior Multimedia Artist
Media Logic