From: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
To: "wsg@webstandardsgroup.org" <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Subject: RE: [WSG] Default state of radio buttons. (Maybe OT?)
Date: 01/02/05 20:56

I think this is like FAQs - my FAQ is never there. Likewise, pre-set a control
to option A and I'm equally likely to want option B.

IMHO pre-setting options for the user (unless they're VERY obvious) is like
making assumptions about them.

That said, RFC1866 says 'CHECKED' is optional but then says "At all times,
exactly one of the radio buttons in a set is checked. If none of the <INPUT>
elements of a set of radio buttons specifies 'CHECKED', then the user agent
must check the first radio button of the set initially."

Does anybody know why one button has to be checked "at all times" in a
circumstance like Chris referred to?

Thanks
Rowan

Quoting Iain Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Oops, sorry I didn't really read your question thoroughly. Surely an
> e-mail
> address will be either a personal or a business address. Personally I'd
> set
> the default to personal as this seems to me the most likely option.
>
> Iain

> Iain Gardiner
> http://www.firelightning.com

Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.2