> > note to all: IF IN DOUBT, add position:relative; -- it fixes many,
> > many IE bugs :)
>
> Would it be excessive or treacherous to declare for Win IE:
>
>         * html * { position:relative; }

Yes, I think so. One instance I can think of is that links within a
scrolling div will not scroll (in IE) if they are assigned
position:relative;  This is a major problem as the links sit still
while the rest of the content scrolls underneath them.

There are times when position:relative; is the best IE fix, but there
are other times when it does nothing. In those instances, try
height:1%;  (the "Holly Hack"), as this has the same affect as
position:relative (it sets 'hasLayout' to 'true'), but seems to be a
bit more potent.

Andrew,
http://leftjustified.net/