From: Jackie Reid [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 12:32 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] active and current id's in lists

HI all

I need someone to point me in the right direction so that i can find out
more about the active and current bits in a ul used for navigation like
this -

<ul id="topnav">
</ul>

this is one of the lists off css.maxdesign but i dont actually
understand what the /active /and /current /is referring to.. what it
does or if i  even need to use it.  There is no reference to either in
the style sheet so whats it all about.

I have more than one ul list in the page so obviously if i am using the
same style of list again i will have to make the <li /*id*/="active"> a
class instead.  But do i even need to have active and current
ids/classes in there at all.

Sorry if that sounds a tad jumbled but its been a long day.

Any explanations or links to explanations would be greatly appreciated

Jackie