Regardless of what we say in real life or in private emails, swearing on
this list is completely unacceptable, as has been mentioned many times - as
well as being clearly stated in our guidelines.
http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm

<quote>
The list administrators reserve the right to unsubscribe any member from the
list. Reasons include:

* Unfriendly, abusive, disrespectful or rude behaviour
* Profanity or smut on-list
* Repeatedly replying to threads that have been closed
* Ignoring list guidelines despite warnings - especially 'read' and
'delivery' receipts and vacation messages
</quote>

Why is swearing a problem?
1. as mentioned by Ted, it is picked up by Google as well as our public
archive.

2. it could cause offence to others on the list

3. it could possibly get a members access to this list blocked or banned if
they are behind something like a strict corporate firewall.

Unfortunately, any members who swears on-list will be immediately
unsubscribed.

And please, if you wish to discuss this further, email info@webboy.net and
share your views, but not on-list.

Thanks