Kim Kruse wrote:
Should accesskeys not only be used for "important" links... like accesskeys page, sitemap etc?

I'd say yes to that one. Otherwise you end up with a jungle of accesskeys, which are then hard to memorise and will most likely conflict (if you move beyond numbers into letters) with other shortcut keys on the system and/or assistive technology used.

Regarding tab index! I think the page is real easy to tab and the "flow" seems to be correct? Should I use tab index?

No.

I use it on my forms pages! Is that the correct way or should I use accesskeys or should I use tab index and accesskeys.... argh! A real simple explanation would be great... if there is one.

Accesskeys are shortcuts, tabindices force a certain tab order. If your forms tab logically and are reasonably short, there's no need for either, in my humble opinion...as they can cause more problems than solve any.

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com