designer wrote:
Does this mean that, if I <em>only<em> use systemcolors on a site, the site
will match the decor of the PC in question, and, appear differently
depending upon how the machine is set, or are the system colours 'constant'.

In other words, can I make a site be a good match for the users preferences
on his machine, globally.

Forgive my ignorance on this, but it seems implicit in what has been said.
What a great way to make folk like your site's colour scheme if so! :-)

Bob, yes...I actually played around with the idea back in January, and made a half-finished experiment here http://dev.splintered.co.uk/system_prefs/ - I may just polish it up a bit an make it a proper experiment http://www.splintered.co.uk/experiments/

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com