I like that idea.

This is kind of off topic but to you think that validation logos should open in a new window, or not. Opening in a new window keeps people from leaving the site, but popups are anoying and generally frowned upon.

designer wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Budd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [WSG] validation logos - kitemarks?

I think most people put validation logos on their sites for peers. This
is often just vanity/showing off. However other web developers do click
these logos and report back if they find problems, so they can have
their benefits.

I know, I know, we should al make sure our pages validate when they
have been changes, but sometimes it's easy to forget, especially as
most of the time it's not relay mission critical.

Andy Budd

I have today knocked up a 'logo' which links to this group's spiel about standards, and put it on my business web site. Just an experiment, of course. . .

If you want to see it, go to the link in my signature (below), pick the html
version and it's on the opening page.

Bob McClelland,
Cornwall (U.K.)
www.gwelanmor-internet.co.uk