I was wondering how to address the placement of these logos as well.
The description idea fell flat as the description itself became too
long or awkward. I decided (but have not yet employed) a tagline
beside them. It simply says "find out why these are important -->".
Clicking on the logos sends the viewer to the validation sites and
they can decide for themselves whether or not it is important to them.

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:31:10 -0500, Alan Trick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I /hate /trying check the accessbility of my web site because many of
> how subjective it is.  I get 'warned' for some of the silliest things
> that would be a barrier to accessiblilty by adding unnessisary code.  I
> think the best way to promote accessiblity is through accountablilty
> between web designers becuause a script can not (at least right now)
> take into consideration the complexity of making a site simple and
> accessible.

> >> The best source is the WAI guidelines. Sites must comply with
> >> priority 1,
> >> should comply with priority 2 and may comply with priority 3:
> >> http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/full-checklist.html
> >

> > Some of this is a bit subjective. Does a web designer just go through
> > it and decide himself if the web site they have made meets the
> > checkpoints?
> >
> > e.g. 14.1 Use the clearest and simplest language appropriate for a
> > site's content.
> >
> > That is very subjective.
> >
> >> There is a simpler web standards checklist (which covers basic
> >> accessibility) here:
> >> http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/checklist.cfm
> >

> > Thanks. Do you ever feel overwhelmed at the amount of validation and
> > accessibility guidelines that new sites should be tested by and meet?
> >
> > Stephen

::pd::