HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:01:59 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)
Last-Modified: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 00:46:13 GMT
ETag: "9853fa-1a51f5-422e4755"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

FF - Fails Server 2
http://www.multimedia247.net/mp3test/volaunch2.html

The mp3 < http://tinyurl.com/44ptd > is sent with these headers (note: audio/mpeg, which is more correct)

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:04:06 GMT
Server: Apache
Last-Modified: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:53:33 GMT
ETag: "57c00d-1a51f5-422f7e6d"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

So....get hamsterballstudios.com to return the correct content-type (audio/x-mp3), and then work on the html.

This HTML works in Firefox and IE for me, http://www.multimedia247.net/mp3test/volaunch3.html , but fails validation.

Get your html to validate - that's half of the problem (well that and the mime headers which have mysteriously reappeared). To get Firefox compatibility there's no need for the older embed tag, provided your object tags are good (previously posted example code works, as do many others).

1. fix your http headers
2. then fix your html

.Matthew Cruickshank
http://holloway.co.nz/