Here's a quick reference to the css for my nav bar:

ul.navigation{margin:0;padding:0;border-style:none;border-width:0;display:table-cell;}
li.navigation{display:block;float:left;text-align:center;padding:0 3px 0 3px;margin:0;font-size:120%;font-weight:bold;}

Such as,

<ul class="navigation">
 <li class="navigation"><a...></a></li>
 <li class="navigation"><a...></a></li
</ul>

It's probably a combination of things, like float:left and display:block.

--Zachary

Miles Tillinger wrote:

Hi Zachary,

I'll take a better look at your link bar and see if I can work out why
yours works and my doesn't...  thanks :)

nb. In my CSS, the LI's are floated left and it doesn't seem to help...

Regards,

Miles.