Keith Ellis wrote:
http://techvisioneer.com/clients/wshein/demo/admin/test/NewDesign.htm
I have a fairly simple header/content/footer layout except the height of the logo in the header is greater than the desired height of the header itself. My goal is to have the logo fixed in the upper left and the code in the #pageContent area to wrap around it.

IE6 will expand the header, so everything can fit inside. Change the header-construct to make it work like in Firefox

A couple of things needed:
1: give the page a standard doctype that'll even out
browser-differences. You are running them all in quirks mode at the
moment. I tested it with:
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>
...which came out just fine.

2: Move the <div id="headerLeft"></div> _below_ the pageHeader end-tag
and _above_ the pageContent start-tag. Change the address since it's no
longer inside the pageHeader, and make the style look like this:

#headerLeft
{
        float: left;
        background-image: url(logo0015.gif);
        background-position: top left;
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        width: 130px;
        height: 130px;
        border: solid 0px #9B1A0A;
        margin: -60px 3px 2px 1px; /* added */
}
...IE6 will play along just fine, and so will Opera, Safari and Firefox.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no