It may have something to do with the PHP echoing the prolog....do you
have a special circumstance setup, like it only sends the prolog to
mozilla or something? I think the validator is receving something that
the browsers aren't.

Also, I just checked in IE5/mac, safari, and FF/mac. Everything is
perfect, aside from the double borders on the bottom of the "you are
here" link for each page. They are all black in Safari and IE/mac, but
really its nothing I would worry about.

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 07:36:29 -0600, Leslie Riggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, I'm wondering why the xml prolog is there in the
> document when the page is being served as text/html?
>
> I'm still pretty new to this, so I'm happy to learn and understand....
>
> Leslie Riggs
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have valid XHTML
> >http://idealcouple.com/
> >http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fidealcouple.com%2F
> >

> >And valid CSS
> >http://idealcouple.com/styling/idealism.css
> >http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fidealcouple.com%2Fstyling%2Fidealism.css&usermedium=all
> >

> >But when my client click "CSS" link in the footer,
> >CSS validator says :
> >
> >Please, validate your XML document first!
> >Line 2
> >Column 6
> >The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.
> >

> >I have both XHTML and CSS valid, but CSS Validator dont think so :(  Whats my
> >problem?  The same trouble i have in my other site in development (line and
> >column number are different)
> >http://it.net.ua/weblog/
> >
> >We use PHP to render XML prolog and DOCTYPE, and we use PHP sessions.
> >
> >Any help are welcome, as well as screenshots from Mac people.
> >
> >Thanx,
> >Andrey.

Andrew Sutherland
Jalenack.com