From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Julián Landerreche
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 9:54 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Standards compliant site, clients wants to make
updates themselves

>On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:22:29 +0800, Bert Doorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>What other options are there, apart from complex, expensive CMS setups
>>(or forgetting about standards)?
>>

>Why not use a simple, free CMS like Wordpress or Textpattern? Both are
>free (as in speech and as in beer), fairly simple to configure and
>work with, and built to support standards.

I think TXP (Textpattern) will give you and your clients an easy way to
update their site and also, to avoid that your client destroys all the
site design and estructure, by messing up with XHTML or CSS and screwing
up all your work.
Textpattern has the posibility to assing different permissions to the
users, so you can be a "Publisher" (you have access to all
administration options), and your client can be just an "Author" (and
have access to modify just the contents, articles, links, etc).
BTW, TXP is a CMS, but this doesnt mean that you need to create a
blog-like site. I use it to manage an static site with few dinamic content.
http://www.textpattern.com

Excuse my poor english.

Regards,
Julián Le Mannequin