i had a similar problem recently...we figured out after a week that it wasn't just on my end...although the host claimed they had checked everything, the server had a virus (that was connect to a java applet on another site that was a known home for hackers)...hopefully your problem isn't nearly as bad as mine was...

are you on a mac or pc?

i moved to a new server (still with the same host)...v