Hi all,

I don't actually believe that CSS styling will make any difference to search
engine ranking.
These robots spend enough time trawling through the HTML content.
It would be time wasted to cross reference the content against: visibility,
display, colours used, z-index and positioning.

I recently thought I had a holding page barred for unintentional content
stuffing / hiding.
http://www.senuik.com/
On asking Google it turns out it wasn't, just ranked low (lack of links I
presume) appearing at 20 and 27.

The 'hiding' methods used were colour and positioning.
The intent was for styled text to display when Flash wasn't available
(accessibility).

My point is if this page wasn't barred then I think it incredibly unlikely that
other hiding techniques would be.

Does anyone actually know of a page barred, blacklisted or banned by Google?
I somehow doubt they ever do.
Something to do with possible litigation if they are incorrect in their
analysis?

These are just my thoughts on the matter and are in no way conclusive.

mike 2k:)2

 Mike Foskett
 Web Standards, Accessibility & Testing Consultant
 Multimedia Publishing and Production
 British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta)
 Milburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry CV4 7JJ
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Tel:  02476 416994  Ext 3342 [Tuesday - Thursday]
 Fax: 02476 411410
 www.becta.org.uk