>Stevio wrote:
> How do you handle the situation of hidden elements becoming displayed
> when the normal stylesheet is not used?

>Patrick wrote:
>Pages should make sense when stylesheets are disabled (for users of
screenreaders,
>text-only >browsers, users with css disabled, search engine spiders,
etc)...so
>I'd advise against the above mentioned practice.

Once in a while I have done this, but only using an image.  For example
a large header image I want displayed on screen and then a smaller
header image that will show up when printed.  In that case I'll make the
alt attribute on the printed img tag empty (alt="") so a text-only
browser will not "read" the printed image.