On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:54:21 +0100, Giles Clark wrote:
> Just a quick question; Why should you avoid presentational class names?

Well, a pretty simple example is:

 .. some content ...

 ... some other content ...

One major point of CSS is that we can change the layout with changing
the markup.
When we first designed this page we had leftCol on the left and (duh)
rightCol on the right.
Then the client got to thinking and wanted to switch them around.
Not only is this a *sigh* but its also an *oops* because once we are
done, our markup will not only not be semantic (for some values of the
word) but it will be misleading for the next poor sod that maintains
this page.

Names which indicate what a block is doing or what it contains are far
better and useful than names that store potentially transient details
about the block

HIH!
Lea
~ looking for a permanent position in Brisbane. Contact me for CV.
--
Lea de Groot
Elysian Systems - I Understand the Internet <http://elysiansystems.com/>