Hi Helen,

In the link for the consumer's association change the ampersand to the html entity for ampersand (&) and try validation again. The validator is trying to identify a system identifier '&catId...' and because it hasn't been terminated with a semicolon, it generates all those other errors.

just like this.

   http://www.choice.com.au/defaultView.aspx?id=102314&catId=100165

Andrew

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi

I have a page in the site I am working on
(http://learnline.cdu.edu.au/wip/sbi240/module3/agriculture.html) that
won't validate because of an external link I have to the Australian
Consumers' Association -
http://www.choice.com.au/defaultView.aspx?id=102314&catId=100165

I'm getting these sorts of errors

Line 298, column 70: cannot generate system identifier for general entity
"catId"
Line 298, column 70: general entity "catId" not defined and no default
entity
Line 298, column 75: reference not terminated by REFC delimiter
Line 298, column 75: reference to external entity in attribute value

Is there any way to get the page to validate?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you
Helen

Helen Rysavy
Web Designer, Teaching & Learning Development
Charles Darwin University, Northern Territory 0909
Tel: 8946 7779 Mobile: 0403 290 842
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.cdu.edu.au
CRICOS Provider No: 00300K