G'day

The Bo$$ wrote:
The only reason was for this:

logically correct.

Maybe my logic is flawed but it makes no logical sense to me.

That aside, it's invalid HTML (in fact "illegal" - see http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#h-12.2.2)

Even if it were legal/valid and it did what you intend in all browsers, where should it take me if I clicked on "via"? How does the browser know which of the two links I meant to click on?

If "via" leads somewhere other than "a cool link", I'd list them side by side (preferably with a separator other than a space).

Regards
--
Bert Doorn, Better Web Design
http://www.betterwebdesign.com.au/