> Parker Torrence

> It was my understanding that the subject of this thread was fonts in
> front of background images. Therefore by logic any talk about images
> within the context of this thread whould be implied to be about said
> background images.

Not necessarily. As Andreas was referring to buttons (implying clickable
foreground element), his "I'll have to go with images" (couple with the
"I'll have to use javascript for rollovers) would suggest that,
instead of having background image and foreground text, he'd use a
foreground image element (unless he was suggesting the rather disingenious
idea of having something like an empty link, forcibly styled to a certain
width/height, with the background image via CSS).

> I thought you ment your post to be on topic

Anyway...

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford