On 10 May 2005, at 10:01 pm, Matt Thommes wrote:

I am under the impression that cellspacing is not yet supported in CSS
- but cellpadding can be added with the padding property.

I usually just use the cellspacing attribute within my <table> tag -
but that's the only one. Everything else, regarding the table, is
controlled with CSS.

For better browsers, you can use CSS to replace the html cellspacing attribute:
table {border-collapse:separate; border-spacing: .5em 1em;}

It won't be a surprise if I add that one browser with too much market-share doesn't support it.
So ..., cellspacing is a valid attribute for html 4.01 and xhtml 1.0 strict and 1.1.

Philippe
---/---
Philippe Wittenbergh
now live : <http://emps.l-c-n.com/>