I've noticed that the CSS 'line-height' property provides extra
spacing between list items, such as in an ordered list, unordered
list, as well as definition lists.

In the past, I've always used the 'margin' property to add spacing
between list items.

IE:

ul li
{
margin-bottom: 5px;
}

However, this works just as well:

ul li
{
line-height: 20px;
}

Both seem to do the trick, in many browsers.

I was wondering if anyone else uses 'line-height' - or do most people
use 'margin'?

Which would you think is more correct, in terms of 'CSS semantics'?

And please don't just point to a CSS 'line-height' or 'margin'
specification. I want to know you think, first...