I'm working on a site design where I'm trying to use a styled list for
navigation (I've posted a snippet at
http://www.capstrat.com/development/ncac/template-home.html)

I'm finding that my usual technique for getting the text-size to be
similar cross-platform is working for *most* of the text elements, but
the navigation in particular is causing problems. My designer wants the
top-level nav on the page (visit/experience the arts, etc...) to be
about as wide as the image below it. I've got it pretty darn close on
Windows browsers, but Mac browsers (across the board) are rendering the
text for this menu much smaller than the PC browsers.

I've tried defining the text with a pixel size:
font-size: 9px;

and with a relative size:
font-size: .75em;
(the body container is set at 76%)

But both attempts yield similar results - on mac browsers, the menu is
much smaller (reference:
http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=164000).

Can anyone offer me some insight? Elsewhere on the page, I'm satisfied
that the font size is similar across operating systems... the problem
appears to be extreme on the small-end.

Scott Reston
Director, Web Development
Capstrat