On 5/24/05, Patrick H. Lauke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Out of interest: why not simply provide the alternative content inside
> the OBJECT element, as per specification? If the OBJECT itself can't be
> displayed (e.g. Flash is not installed), then the alternative is
> displayed...all without getting any scripting involved.

I thought that if Flash wasn't installed, the browser would prompt you
to download and install it rather than just displaying the alternate
content? I use JavaScript detection for cases where the Flash content
is not important and I don't want the user to be bugged to install
Flash every time they visit the page.

I could be wrong - I don't think I tested it with the alterate content
actually in the object tag.

--
Kay Smoljak
http://kay.smoljak.com/