FWIW, my personal preference within a CSS file is to group all the
properties relating to a particular selector into a single declaration.
I've seen many people declare properties for, say, p in multiple locations.
That makes it difficult to get a complete picture of the styles applied for
p.

I also tend to group together all variants on p, eg. p#first, p.second, even
div#third p.

hth,
RI

Richard Ishida