On 1 Jun 2005, at 12:32 am, Thierry Koblentz wrote:

If I disable images in FF and Safari I do not get anything. Do you?

The answer for Firefox was already given.
For Safari (using 1.3), with images disabled, I get a grey outline where the image should be, and **sometimes** the alt text displayed. Like: if it fixes inside the bounding box for the image. If the text is too long, (ie a long long alt text) on a 20px by 20px image, the alt text is not displayed.
Not Good.

When the alt text is displayed, it takes size and font-style from the context.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com/>