On this topic, I've recently picked up a copy or 'Javascript -- The
Definitive Guide' published by O'Reilly. This book came highly
recommended to me by the best scripters I know.
Having read the first 220 pages over the weekend, I can honestly say
that it will have a place on my desk whenever I'm working on a JS
project.

$US26 from Amazon. Bargain :)

http://leftjustified.net/