Other fixes for this problem are as follows:

li { position:relative; }
li { height:1%; }
li { zoom:1.0; }

Applying borders may also fix the problem, I haven't tested that one
as it's a bad solution anyway -- changing the design to fix a bug
isn't cool at all; plus IE can't handle transparent borders anyhoo.

Other solutions can be tested by using this JS in IE:
alert(this.hasLayout);

If it comes back true, you've won :D

Now that I can confidently tackle the IE/PC bugset, I don't mind IE so
much... it keeps me in a job! heh ;)

Andrew.
http://leftjusitfied.net/