From: James Denholm-Price <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:21:01 +0100
Subject: Re: [WSG] AJAX and accesibility

Check out Derek Featherstone's follow-up to his talk at @media for
some interesting viewpoints:
http://www.boxofchocolates.ca/archives/2005/06/12/javascript-and-accessibility#more-72

1. You probably always have to do the "back end" stuff anyway, even if
you can process lots of stuff that used to be "back end" on the client
using AJAX -- what if your most important visitor has JS disabled or
something (his firewall  mabe?) breaks AJAX?

2. Some screenreaders DO detect JS-driven changes to the DOM (e.g.
JAWS using IE) but I don't think it's definite what they see and what
they don't and as far as AJAX is concerned it's early days :-)

Just my 2p ... James